14 January 2009

Watch Photography...duh!


So I was talking with an established commercial photographer yesterday, and he had a recent shoot of jewelry. The way he spoke about it was that it was very difficult to capture well.

As it turns out, one of my other hobbies is watch collecting - in fact, I help moderate a website dedicated to it (plug: www.timezone.com). One of the things we do is write articles and reviews of watches.

Well, watches - particularly ones with polished cases - fall into the category of jewelry that's difficult to shoot. I've already spent a fair amount of time figuring out a good setup for shooting them, and have a homebrew softbox to shoot them in. So...why not post some photos of watches in my portfolio? Duh.

(Photo Copyright ©2009 Edward Hahn All Rights Reserved.)

No comments:

Post a Comment