05 January 2009

The Bathtub Curve...

So, I recently purchased a new camera to bring me up to the current technology level - my old camera is from the late Triassic period. Naturally, getting something that's brand spanking new means two hazards.

First, you have to find a place that actually has some stock. I was able to find one last week, and was from a reputable dealer that I've dealt with before.

Second, you are dealing with early production models. Unfortunately, the problem here is that early production can sometimes be a bit dicey.

So...my new camera gets bitten by the second bug (started showing failures after about 30 photos), which left me with two unattractive options:  one, return the camera to the dealer and get a new one - while I'm sure they would do it, the problem is they are out of stock again, so I'd not get a replacement any time soon.  Second option, send it to the factory repair center, and hope they can fix it right and get it back to me in a reasonably short amount of time.

For me, I chose the second option - hopefully it won't be more than a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment