07 May 2009

Show's over, some thoughts...

Well, my show at ArtSpace is over, and on the one hand, it was extremely successful: I sold more in both dollar terms and pieces of artwork than any previous show at ArtSpace.

On the other hand, I didn't come close to break even - although I still have salable framed pieces left over.

I guess I'm looking at this glass as half half. In positive terms, aside from the firsthand comments from visitors who enjoyed the show, the biggest piece of encouragement that I heard was a local photography instructor encouraged his class to go look at the show, as it had some merit.

However, barring a significant increase in sales, I'm thinking it will be very difficult to sustain myself on fine art photography alone. Options: day job or commercial photography, I guess.

Artomatic is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment